What is a Home Care Package?
A Home Care Package allows you to have greater control over your in-home aged care. They are provided for people who need more support than the basic level available through the Commonwealth Home Support Program. A Home Care Package with BCC has the flexibility to allow you to make choices about the types of support you access, who delivers them, and how and when those services are delivered.
Your package is tailored to meet your specific needs. Everyone's will be different.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages which can give you the care and services you need:
- Level 1 – basic care needs - approximately 1 - 2 hours of service per week
- Level 2 – low level care needs - approximately 3 - 5 hours of service per week
- Level 3 – intermediate care needs - approximately 7 - 9 hours of service per week
- Level 4 – high level care needs - approximately 10 - 13 hours of service per week
Each package level is funded (with a budget) at different amounts by the Australian Government. This will be outlined in your letter from My Aged Care, assigning your package and the level you have been approved for.
WHAT TYPES OF SERVICES ARE PROVIDED?
Our qualified and experienced Case Managers will work in partnership with you to identify your goals and needs. We will co-design the best ways to deliver those services so you can live a more active and independent life, in your home and community.
The services available via a Home Care Package include, but are not limited to:
- Personal care showering, grooming and dressing;
- General household chores like cleaning and meal preparation;
- Transport for shopping and medical appointments;
- Social Support visiting a friend, group activities i.e. movies, lunch, attractions etc
- Personal safety monitoring devices and other equipment;
- Home modifications (e.g ramps, rails)
- Gardens and lawns – keeping your yard and access to your home tidy and safe
- Wellbeing programs including gentle exercise groups, art programs, social outings
- Nursing, allied health and other clinical services
- Care Coordination and case management
And remember you have the flexibility and choice to change how often and when you use the services, and how you budget the spending on those services.
You can also use a Home Care Package to pay for your regular care needs while you are away on holiday (but not to pay for your holiday). And if you don’t use one or more of the services in your package for a period of time, because you are away or in hospital for example, you may be able to use or save some of the funds for other things.
There are some things you can’t use your home care package for:
- paying your rent or mortgage
- buying your groceries
- paying for holidays
Please note we do not charge review fees or exit fees. We will happily provide you with a free quote (link to form) so you can see how your level of package might look for your circumstances. Fill in the form and one of our friendly Case Managers will respond as soon as possible.
You can download our Home Care Package pricing schedule here. Your costs are charged from your package, not from your pocket.
Download Pricing Schedule