Integrity and Respect in Caring
Senior Australians have so many choices in having subsided support provided to them. The Australian Government supports older Australians to continue staying at home safely and comfortably. An independent assessment is the starting point to help you know what is available and suitable.
If you’re living in Duckenfield you would be pleased to know that the committed team at Beresfield Community Care is local and just around the corner from you. We are here to help you to keep living the life you want to. We have a range of services to help manage the necessary tasks of daily living to keep you independent in your home and community.
You may need a little or slightly more. It will all depend on your situation.
The following programs are available to help you to feel supported and living safely at home.
Commonwealth Home Support Program
If you are 65 or over or over 50 ATSI, you can receive subsidised support from the Australian Government.
This will set you up with support to:
- Do your shopping
- Manage your household chores
- Be on top of your personal care
- Handle your home and yard maintenance
- Prepare your meals
- Have access to transport
- Continue socialising
If you need a little more support or help more often, you can be supported too through a Home Care Package.
Home Care Packages
Home Care Packages are flexible and designed around you and your unique needs.
Home Care Packages are available in four levels.
- Approx. 2 hours per week is provided on HCP Level 1
- Approx. 3 - 5 hours per week is provided on HCP Level 2
- Approx. 7 - 9 hours per week is provided on HCP Level 3
- Approx. 10 - 13 hours per week is provided on HCP Level 4
Travel kilometres may impact on the above.
About the Services
- Personal Care to help you with dressing and undressing, washing hair, help with showering, shaving and getting you to look and feel good.
- Help with cleaning the areas of your home deemed as essential. We will take care of your mopping, dusting, laundry, vacuuming and wiping surfaces in your living space, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.
- Transport you safely to your doctor’s appointment, shopping and visiting friends and family.
- Support you to keep in touch with friends, meet more people, go on outings and attend events.
- Prepare freshly cooked meals for you, in line with your dietary requirements with even enough to freeze for later.
- Set up easy to use monitoring devices to provide you with personal safety so that you can live securely and independently in the safety of your own home.
- Help you to stay socially connected through our Health and Wellbeing Programs. This will improve your mental and physical well-being. It includes gentle exercise classes, attending men’s groups or visiting a craft group. It will also enable you to stay up to date by attending events with guest speakers.
- Help you to maintain a nice garden by tidying, mowing, trimming and cleaning garden paths that need attention outside.
- Help you to get your home modified and handrails, ramps and stairlifts fitted.
We want you to be able to move around with ease and safety.
Your Care Team
A few points so that you can get to know us better:
- We are fully inclusive of diversity.
- We are committed to reconciliation and proud of our Reconciliation Action Plan.
- We are local and easily contactable.
- We are a not-for-profit community organisation.
- We have no shareholders.
- We return all our profits to the business
- We provide you will service excellence, trained professional staff and the best service delivery.
- Our values - professionalism, integrity, passion, customer focus and excellence. We hire all our staff on these values.
- We hire qualified staff.
- Everyone in our team is police checked.
Contact Us for Detail
Our team is standing by to take your call to start a conversation about your care requirements. We are proud to offer you a partnership in taking care of your needs and providing you with service excellence delivered with passion and precision. We offer you our best attention and it all starts with a single call. Do not delay. Phone us today and get the ball rolling on keeping you in your own home in Duckenfield. We are waiting for your call to support you in comfort.